What is Hawaii Compliance Express?
Hawaii Compliance Express (HCE) is an electronic system that provides vendors, contractors and service providers doing business with state or county agencies to quickly and easily document that they are compliant with applicable laws. HCE expedites your ability to furnish proof of compliance with the requirements of 103D-310(c), HRS.
This single certificate eliminates the need to obtain individual copies of clearances with the following agencies:
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) - Form 8821
- Department of Labor & Industrial Relations (DLIR) - Form LIR27
- Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs (DCCA) - Form COGS
- Department of Taxation (DOTAX) - Form A-6
Under Hawaii law, you must provide proof of compliance in order to receive a contract worth $2,500 or more with state and county government entities in Hawaii.
What's included with my HCE registration?
- Registered HCE vendors receive a full year of service
- Automatic submission of information to pertinent government certifying agencies
- Automatic e-mail notification of status changes
- Unlimited access by state and county government entities to print the certificate for their use
Ready to sign up?
If you are buyer, do not register as vendor. Please contact your HANDS department administrator for access.
If you are a vendor, you will need:
- Taxpayer Identification Number (FEIN or SSN)
- Hawaii Tax ID # if applicable
- Unemployment Insurance ID (UI ID #) if applicable
- Valid credit card for the $12 annual fee